Never mind it's August, I just made a long-sleeve dress! Thank you very much Scottish weather.
I'm happy to introduce my latest muse, the 'Fleur Dress'.
I made it using McCall 3773, continuing with my quest to find and sew all the McCall patterns from the year 1940. This pattern features a neat gathered partial bodice insert with curved neckline. I opted for view C which has the straight long sleeves. I'm still planning to make the green version with lace as seen on the pattern cover (sometimes the pattern covers have the BEST ensembles!)
I made this using a medium-weight soft synthetic rayon fabric that I got at Edinburgh Fabrics. I just love this colour of blue.
The dress was fairly easy to put together but I think I might need to put more ease into the elbows on the sleeves as it's not very easy to do the whole over head shimmy into the dress primarily because of the arms! Ha!
I made this dress for a big event--more pictures from that and the associated accessories tomorrow :-)