This was my first time putting trim on a neckline. I first sewed on the trim right sides together and gave enough space at the top when I flipped it to then also add the neck facing (which hid the other side of the trim netting). Here it is facing down and sewn at the top before flipping it up:
I was also very proud of my cuffs, cuff opening and link buttons:
The pattern also called for a double thickness of organdy sewed into the sleevecap. Instead I used lightweight sew-in interfacing. It works perfectly and provides that extra bit of structure in the sleevecap:
I also made the belt from an already existing belt that I found at a local charity shop. The belt didn't have any prongs and I could tell it was a self-made belt from a kit, which was perfect for recovering. I folded the material over it and topstitched it down each side on the front.
I cut off the old buckle and attached my own belt buckle! Et Viola, the easiest belt I have made so far!!
The dress front also has two pockets which get lost with the busy print (but I know they are there :-)
You can sort of see the pockets in the picture above.
Such fun details! Don't forget to enter the giveaway before midnight GMT on Friday to win this pattern!