Here's a side view:
This was my first time lining anything! I had my doubts along the way but it turned out really well:
I also interlined the cape following Gertie's excellent tutorial. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any lambswool for the interlining, so I used cotton batting instead. I was a little unsure about this but it was really easy to sew with and hasn't affected the drape at all!
There's still a few steps left:
- Sew the jacket to the cape front,
- Face and attach the collar,
- Sew on the pockets,
- Make buttonholes and sew on the buttons,
- Make a matching belt, and
- Finish hemming the lining!
In other news, it's still snowing here!! Here's my favorite recent snow picture: