You guys spoil me! I have received two beautiful blogger awards (I think I received three--but I can't remember where I saw the last one--sorry)! One from Steph at 3 Hours Past the Edge of the World and one from Sherry from Pattern, Scissors, Cloth. Thank you both!
As part of the award, I get to tell you 10 interesting things about me:
1. I love cats. Though I don't currently have one--I am looking forward to the day when I get to come home and have a kitten waiting for me!
2. David and I love the Lord of the Rings! In fact, our wedding bands were designed by David and represent the two trees from the Silmarillion. Here is the sketch:
One tree is silver, the other is gold. One blooms during the day, the other at night--but they give light to each other. Awww...how sweet is that?
3. I am currently in the process of switching jobs and I am super excited for my new job which will start in October! For a congratulations gift, David got me this AWESOME hat (see number 1 above):
How awesome is this knit hat? I can't wait to wear it!
4. I love the year 1940 for fashion. I think you all already know how much I love the late 30's/early 40's in terms of fashion. Here's a lovely pattern from that time period which encompasses everything I love about the year 1940 (gathers, great waist detail, wonderful sleeves, interesting collars, nice length, and very feminine yet sophisticated):
5. I used to be a part of the NY Jedi. The NY Jedi are a group of people that meet up in NYC to do stage combat with light sabers. It's loads of fun. David and I both have light sabers, that we, ahem, brought with us to Scotland. We dress up as characters (I am Sith and he is a Jedi):
(though I have the jedi lightsaber in this photo :-)
6. I am allergic to leather. Actually I am allergic to the heavy metals they use to tan leather (chromium). I'm also allergic to nickel and cobalt. As my allergist advised "wear cheap shoes and expensive jewlery".
7. When I was little, I used to collect paper dolls. I loved paper dolls. Especially the ones that had the hollywood starlets!
8. Now, I collect vintage patterns. I think I am finally admitting to myself that I will not make it through my stack of patterns in the next couple of years, which means I am collecting at this point!
9. I have naturally curly hair. Which means when I do pin curls, my hair gets really curly. Here is a pin curl set all styled up:
Here is my hair after brushing it out (giggle):
10. I never thought I would be a blogger. If you asked me a year ago if I would be blogging weekly, I would have just laughed at you. I have a hard enough time answering emails, let alone collecting my thoughts to share with the blogosphere. But that is before I really got into vintage sewing! Through blogging I have met a group of wonderful people and I truly enjoy posting projects, seeing everyone else's projects and interacting via blogging. Thanks everyone for making it such an enjoyable journey!
Now, I get to tag five other bloggers for the beautiful blogger award! It's really hard because I follow a lot of amazing blogs. But here I go....I nominate the following lovely bloggers for the Beautiful Blogger Award:
-Lisette over at What Would Nancy Drew Wear
-Charlotte at Tuppence Ha'penny
-The Ingenious Indigenous over at Kyla con Styla's Bitchery Stitcher Blog
-Superheidi at the Swing of Things
-Rosy at Sewingadicta