I've been working on the trousers from Simplicity #3688. The original pattern was from 1941:
I made it out of some amazing navy blue, English lightweight wool that I found in a charity shop (only in the UK can you find lots of wool and tweed fabric in charity shops!!)
I am really happy with how it turned out! They are super comfortable:
And the back:
I did a tissue fitting and then another fitting with all the pieces pinned together and I didn't need any alterations. I love that they are high-waisted and very comfortable. You'll recognize the blouse as the DuBarry pattern from 1942 that I put together a couple of months ago.
These pants were really quick to sew up. I did learn, however, that I am not a visual person. It took me 3 hours, I kid you not, to figure out how to pin the four pant legs together to get the trousers!!! I'd end up with two legs together or one inside out or backwards--I think I did every possible combination....hehehe...maybe it was just that night I was working on it because the next day it was super easy to figure out! Thank god I am not an engineer!! :-) Once I figured out what was attached to what, it was easy peasy to sew!
I also did my first lapped zipper:
I'm working now on a couple of blouses to go with my new trousers! YAY!