I'm new to both sewing and regular blogging so this is very exciting to me. Through the blog I have met some amazing people who inspire me!
So, as part of the award, I get to write 7 things about myself that you may not know and in turn nominate 7 other bloggers for the Kreativ Blogger Award.
So, here's 7 random things about me:
1. I just got back from an amazing vacation in Perthshire, Scotland. Many of you may know that I am an expat living in Scotland and this is the second time that my sweetie and I have gone to this specific place for a mid-winter vacation. We stayed in the Tower House self-catering accommodation and it's literally set in a tower from an old chapel (the bedroom is in the actual tower up a winding narrow staircase...it's very fun).
The Tower and adjoining chapel (which is now used for badminton and table tennis) used to be the family Chapel of the Rollo Family, attached to their sprawling estate house, Duncrub Park. The main part of the building was demolished in the 1950's. But this is what it used to look like:
And here's me in our game of badminton in the chapel:
2. I am the youngest in my family. Here's picture of me when I was younger (note the shirt, hehehehe):
3. My other hobbies include listening to opera and gardening (sometimes at the same time!) My favorite opera composer? Richard Strauss as the all-time favorite, Verdi for my comfort operas, Wagner for those heavy days, Berlioz for those romantic times and Rossini for the airy singing. Favorite singers? Natalie Dessay and Juan Diego Florez hands-down.
4. As far as gardening, my favorite plants include lobelia, marigolds and dahlias and I love growing root vegetables (probably because it's the one thing that grows really well here).
5. My more serious passions? Public health and community development.
6. I've only been sewing regularly for the past 3 months and I love it! I love hearing from all of you and checking out your blogs and projects. It's been really fun to engage my more creative and crafty side.
7. My favorite decade for sewing is quickly becoming the 1940's. More specifically, I am really interested in the year 1940 because it is the transition from the 30's into a new decade and also because of the escalation of the war. I find the fashion of this year as a mix of many different influences and is a year I would love to focus on more with my sewing.
That was fun. Ok, onto my fellow inspiring bloggers who I would like to award the Kreativ Blogger award to:
1. Mandi at No Apathy Allowed who is one of the most creative people I know and a dear friend. I'm always inspired by Mandi's amazing photography.
2. Susannah at Cargo Cult Craft who has justed started an amazing year long challenge to do 'Fashion on the Ration' and recreate living on the 1941 fashion ration coupons. Susannah also shares a lot of really great fashion history from the 1940's and is a big inspiration for me.
3. Lauren at Wearing History who was one of the main reasons I was motivated to start a sewing blog. Lauren's blog is so much fun to read--she creates fashions from many time periods. Plus, Lauren also creates reproduction patterns and has some gems on her site and in her etsy store.
4. Trudy from Sewing with Trudy that makes some amazing clothes and is creative with lots of other crafty projects too!
and three other new bloggers/sewers like me. I love seeing everyone else's projects and these bloggers are very inspiring:
5. Rachel at Boo Dogg and Me: A Sewing Adventure. I love the colors and fabrics Rachel uses, all of her dresses look stunning (my favorite was the New Year's Eve dress)!
6. Kelsey at Is that Sew? Kelsey just made an amazing first dress (complete with lining!!) that looks phenomenal.
7. Tilly at Tilly and the Buttons who also made an amazing first dress and had a great blog posting on a fun silent movies night (the photos were so much fun!)
It's been so much fun to catch up on the last week of blog postings from you all!